Tuesday, December 15, 2009

12.15.09 - Back on it

I've realized that I'm basically just writing about my favorite bands on here. I'm going to continue that trend with this one. Short and sweet... I think. This band is out of Kansas, I do believe Lawrence maybe. Anyways, the lead singer and I guess mainstay of the band is Chris Crisci. He was in a band called 'The Appleseed Cast' awhile back. Now he focuses a lot on recording for the most part. His latest project though is 'Old Canes'!!! I love this band. 'Early Morning Hyms' was the first release back in 2004 and is one of those albums you start, let finish, and continue to listen to again. It's a brilliant record! A few months back he released 'Feral Harmonic' on Saddle Creek Records (awesome label) which is great too. Highlights from that album are 'Little Bird Courage', 'Flower Faces', ok I'm going to stop before I just list the entire record. Getting back to 'Early Morning Hymns' though... It is amazing (one of my favorite albums ever, fo realz) and I wanted to share a video of a song from it. This is 'Both Falling Bright' from some web thing called 'The Turnpike'. Chris plays solo on this video, but the albums are so much more full with strings, horns, saws, and whatever else... KINDA "Neutral Milk Hotel - y" I guess. Just check it out and then go buy 'Early Morning Hymns' on the Myspace or at your local record store or something. Totally worth it.
By the way, the song starts 1:10 into this video... not just a montage of pictures.
Thanks for reading and watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment